Skip to main content
#
Indian Creek Baptist
Home
About
Connect
Resources
Give
 Our History 

The story of Indian Creek Baptist Church is first and foremost a testimony of God's goodness.  This church was organized in 1878 and was the first Missionary Baptist Church east of the Brazos River in this vicinity. The church was founded with an evangelical passion resulting in several services with numerous professions and baptisms. Church services originally met under a tree, baptisms were performed in the Brazos river, but they later moved to the Pollard School House. In 1895, T&P Railway gave two acres of land to the church. At this time, the church was the strongest Missionary Baptist Church in the area and the congregation decided they needed their own building. Through God's grace, this vision became a reality in November 1946.  

As the years passed, Sunday School rooms, education buildings and a parsonage were built. Indian Creek Baptist Church has been a training ground for seminary students and has sent several pastors to the mission field. Over the years, many pastors have come and gone, but during these times the members have grown together and sought the Lord's direction for the future of the Church. In June 1999, the Lord sent Guy Weathers to Indian Creek, and under his shepherding Indian Creek has grown and built the new sanctuary. With God's grace, we will continue to seek His will for our congregation as we look to the future.

 

      

Indian Creek Baptist Church
104 Indian Creek Rd. | Mineral Wells, TX 76067 | PH: 940.325.8174; FAX: 940.328.0384